Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The last of BN

Stares either at name tag or chest for what seems like a minute, “do you work here?”
“Nope, just love wearing my name on a rope around my neck.”

Whispering, “do you like sable?”
“Excuse me?”
“Do you like sable?”
“Like the fur?”
“Yes, you know coats and stoles.”
“Um. Not particularly, why?”
“Do you like my outfit? What do you like, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, then we’re even.” Don’t ask me to explain this one. I’ve got nothing.


These were just a few of the weird conversations I had while there. One time when the police were in the store after a man flashed a child, (yeah, it was terrible, and it was in a pretty affluent neighborhood) they told us that there is just something about bookstores and libraries that attract the perverts and weirdos.

Great choice of a profession...

No comments: