Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My last blog was a liar

Ok, fine it was me that lied. But, still my last blog was not remotely literary.

Oh, that somehow reminded me of my FAVORITE children's book from when I was very young. I want to be a children's librarian so this actually is totally relevant. Yay me, getting it right on the second to last day. Ok, well the book was called, "The a Monster at the End of this Book" it is a sesame street book and Grover is the narrator (look at me fancying up a children's book with my literary knowledge...) Anyway, I loved it as a kid because Grover gets scared of the monster and he tries really hard to get you not to turn the pages, he begs, he boards it up, he puts up bricks and cement, but obviously you can still turn the page. And, then at the end it turns out (spoiler alert) that Grover is actually the monster at the end of the book. Hilarious. Children's books at their finest. I used to read this book to campers when I worked in a camp and they loved it too, I would ask if they thought I was strong enough to turn the page with the bricks, and did we really want to see the monster, and they always did.

Good times.


You can view it's amazon page here: http://www.amazon.com/Monster-This-Book-Birds-Favorites/dp/0375805613 (now I am officially an ex Barnes and Noble employee. They have a website too...)

No comments: