Thursday, May 14, 2009

True to the Game

I think I have to say this. I just don't like Urban Fiction. I think that must be what it is. I found this book depressing. I am not sure if these books are supposed to be light and trashy or like, somehow subversive commentary on what's wrong with living that sort of lifestyle. But, either way I was depressed.

And, I found the dialogue ridiculous. Like, when Q was randomly Muslim when he answered the phone but otherwise he wasn't. Also, he kills people and is a drug dealer, but he has moral issues with having a christmas tree. REALLY????? Plus, why not just go be a dentist if you are a freakin' dentist.

But, I know teens love this sort of stuff and maybe some of them can relate so they like it even more. But, I just didn't.

I don't have the energy to compare this book to Twilight. I can't think of anything either. Oh, now I feel compelled. Maybe Edward is Bella's drug. Eh, that's not good. But it's all I feel like doing.

But I did love No Regrets. I love tattoos, not those particular tattoos, not that I can ever get one. But I would if I could. Maybe laughing at how terrible those are will make teens pause for a few minutes before getting their own ridiculous tattoos.

No comments: